Consultant Job Description
Stax reports provide our clients with insightful analyses and recommendations regarding market and investment opportunities, competitive threats, customer segmentation strategies, channel conflicts and other market-facing issues. Underlying these reports are creative and rigorous research methodologies that leverage both primary and secondary sources. We are seeking creative and strategic thinkers with significant experience managing, reviewing and analyzing multiple data streams, and generating reports and recommendations for clients. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for significant exposure across a diverse client base.
· Market segmentation and competitive landscape studies.
· Design and conduct analysis, interpret results and synthesize recommendations.
· Support ongoing business intelligence, competitive, and best practice efforts.
· Review and analyze data generated from primary and secondary research sources
· Develop insights from data, and write research reports that address key issues
· Conduct independent research in support of project objectives
· For example, conducting in-depth interviews with industry experts
· Ensure that the quality and timeliness of deliverables meet client expectations
· Manage analysts and researchers on project teams
· Serve as project manager and team leader for Stax's business research and consulting project work.
· Work closely with the Stax Director overseeing the project, and is responsible for all aspects of project supervision including work plan development, team oversight, project deliverables, and client communications.
· Responsibilities will also include some client development.
· MBA or equivalent, and/or 3-5 years relevant experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or market research.
· Strong presentation writing skills (PowerPoint and Word).
· Experience working with the private equity community a plus.
· Strong project, client management, and presentation skills.
· Excellent strategic thinking, understanding of business research and analysis.
· Comfortable managing, coaching, and developing analysts.
· Quantitative research skills highly desirable.
· Effective communication skills, hard worker, flexible, committed.
· Experience managing, coaching, and developing analysts.
· Prior international experience (professional or academic) is highly desirable.